Tuesday, December 17, 2013

8 Days of Beauty!


If I was stuck on a dessert island and could only take one skin product with me, hands down it would be coconut oil!

Coconut oil is one of the most versatile skin loving products in the world! So versatile that I had to take a fair amount of time actually thinking of all of the ways I use it. I think I captured most of them but I am sure there are more.
 

Eye Makeup Remover--coconut oil serves as the most gentle skin loving makeup remover. It moisturizes the area while melting away stubborn makeup. It is also a better alternative to synthetic chemical laden makeup removers.

Under Eye Moisturizer and Concealer--I mix coconut oil with my liquid concealer and the results are amazing. The coconut oil does decrease the coverage a bit but layering can add additional coverage. I also carry some of this moisturizer in my makeup case to re-hydrate my under eye. It really makes a big difference in the overall look of my under eye area.

Facial Moisturizer/Night Cream-- a little goes a long way but the payoffs are big. The natural fatty acids in coconut oil reinforce skin's natural lipid barrier.

Lip Moisturizer--I use coconut oil on my lips as much as I can. I use it under my lipstick and before bed at night. Once again, fatty acids to the rescue, creating a soft lush barrier.

Hair Moisturizer--Coconut oil works excellent as a leave in conditioner or as a treatment conditioner. To use as a leave in, simply rub a small amount in your hands to warm up and focus on ends. To use as a treatment--add a few minutes before showering and shampoo and condition as normal.

Feet Moisturizer--Coconut oil's anti fungal properties and softening fatty acids make for a superb foot moisturizer. If you add peppermint essential oil you're in for an invigorating, refreshing  treat. For an exfoliating treat try mixing coconut oil with coarse brown sugar.

Frizz Tamer--once again a little goes a long way when using to combat frizz.

Deodorant--I mix coconut oil with lemon and rosemary essential oils and use as a healthy fresh underarm deodorant.

Mouth Rinse--Coconut oil is excellent for oral health. Coconut oil moisturizes gums, kills bacteria and kills germs that cause bad breath.

As if all of the above wasn't enough, coconut oil actually has health benefits when ingested orally and is a potent source of nutrients.  So while I hope I will never have to choose only one dessert island treat--if I did it would be coconut oil--LOTS and LOTS of coconut oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment