Saturday, December 14, 2013

11 Days of Beauty!

2nd Day of Beauty

I could not wait to write this post today because I am extremely passionate about Avocados—both the oil and the actual fruit.
Avocados are a climacteric fruit (the banana is another), which means it matures on the tree, but ripens off the tree. Avocados are an excellent source of vitamins A, D and E, high in antioxidants and are also chock full of omega-3 fatty acids.   Avocado oil is able to penetrate the skin with its thin consistency; it is also thick enough to serve as a protective barrier on the skin and provides skin with deep moisture.   Avocado oil contains sterolins, which are natural steroids and are effective in boosting collagen production, and treating age spots. 
 

My love affair with avocados began as a small child and continues until today.  My father loved avocados and would eat them at every meal if he could.  He preferred a simple salad of avocados, olive oil, vinegar and onions.  My father always had beautiful skin and I am sure that one of the reasons was his diet.  While he was not a vain man, he certainly knew the health benefits of food and spoke to me about it often.  As a young girl, I must admit, I really didn’t pay much attention.  I started to really take him seriously in my late 20’s when I became concerned about how I would age.  As I looked at my father and noticed the vibrancy, smoothness and lack of wrinkles in his skin; I knew he was on to something and began to think and act seriously about what I put in and on my body. 
My Amazing Dad, Hector Abelairas
                                                            
Several months ago I purchased a bottle of pure avocado oil and started using it faithfully. The difference in my skin is notable and I am now an avocado oil junkie.  I use it on my face, under my eyes, all over my body, my hair and my nails and I must say I am thrilled with the results.   I have even mixed it with my foundation and the results have been a soft, smooth, dewy complexion.
 
So far I have been writing about the amazing benefits for your skin, but there are a whole bunch of other benefits that touch your overall health.  Consider purchasing avocados when they are in season and also getting year round benefits by purchasing avocado oil.   I recommend picking up food grade organic cold pressed avocado oil at your local supermarket, health food store or online and separating it.  Use some of it for cooking (as it can be used as both a cooking and finishing oil and has a very high smoke point) and some for personal use for head to toe beautification!  

No comments:

Post a Comment